Björn Stenberg wrote:
Paul Louden wrote:
my battery percentage will appear to be down a percent or two just
from browsing the menus.

I we need hard data before playing the "think of the runtime" card.

I think a user can still scroll down.

Of course he can. So why do we not choose 3 seconds as the default?
Because being constantly interrupted by a blacked screen is very
annoying. I suggest we avoid doing that to our first-time users.

I agree with Björn on this, and would vote for his original suggestion of 30 seconds. This is actually what I use on most targets - mainly for convenience in plugins, I agree it's a bit excessive for the menus/settings.

But I think there are better things to argue about, so wouldn't object to Marc Guay's suggestion of 15 seconds.

Dave.