Noone sold out... We merely came to a mututal agreement with the fine
people at Apple to discontinue support for all other targets and work
exclusivly on ipods and their upcoming devices... The great news here
(other than the wonderful cash bonus most of us will get :D ) is the
coming support for the entire ipod product range (including the
iphone!).. but we have to keep this hush for now...

You say you have not sold us out? your dropping support for all other devices to concentrate exclusively on apple products, I think that is really narrowing the projects focus.

I see this as a betrayal of the projects principles and selling us out.

Your abandoning all other rockbox users.

I hope someone sets up an alternative project to rockbox.

I think the community should have been consulted on the hole idea of doing this.

I think the way this has just been announced as a done deal is extremely under handed and I can't believe this has been allowed to happen, and i think the phrase cash bonus says it all.