Andrew Hart wrote:
If folks really want to stream-line,  why not remove the "Enable replay
gain" option from the "replay gain" menu and add a "no replay gain",
"off" or "ignore replay gain tags" option to the "replay gain type" setting?

Personally, I'm happy with how it currently stands.  The current
arrangement also has the advantage (over what I've just suggested) that
you can toggle replay gain on and off without having to reset the replay
gain type each time you enable it.

That's certainly an option, and does allow streamlining it while still preserving the ability to disable it. I would suggest that it should still default to enabled (probably the value currently "Track gain if shuffled" is best). Also, please don't top-post to the list.