On 20.06.2009 22:42, Dominik Riebeling wrote:
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.mart...@student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
Jeff Goode schrieb:
That's getting away from the philosophy that the end-user's needs should be
satisfied first and foremost, and it's the developer's job to decide how best
to do that.
It seems you mixed up Rockbox with some other commercial application. This is
not the primary philosophy of Rockbox, or FOSS in general.

Is that the primary goal of commercial applications? I can't remember
having seen such a thing. In fact my experience tells me that OSS
usually is trying to accomodate the users need more than commercial
applications. Of couse that's only my experience, so anyone else might
have made different experiences.

I assume Thomas meant that RockBox is about the developers in the first place, not the other users. At least, it's been stated many time. But I still don't believe it entirely! :-)