On 30.06.2009 09:26, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

There are way larger or more annoying problems that actually hit people that we can work on instead.

Agreed. The feature is not that critical for me personally so if there is no immediate consensus on that I wouldn't like to spend my time on discussing it. I think everyone has understood the objective pros and cons, and the question is in their subjective evaluation -- which is a subjective thing :-).

Also, this seems to interest only a few people so I suspect that we argue just to argue -- a little bit :-)

For me, this topic is closed now.