I was moderately worried about the potential bin size increase as
well, though I never actually tested it.  I don't see how reducing
semitone precision to .5 would make it better, though.  In order to
display an accurate  cent readout when switching from procentual mode
it would still need to be able to calculate an approximation, which
would still require some level of linear approximation.  (unless we
just decide that accuracy isn't really important, which might actually
be the case -- just do a simple linear interp and display with only
one decimal of precision).

That said, I would personally like to have better than .5 semitone
precision.  I was actually a little worried about limiting it to .1
precision when I set up the controls -- I wasn't sure if a super-anal
musician would object. On the other hand, perhaps thestretching
algorithm is messy enough sounding that it wouldn't really be audible
anyway?

Anyway, I would hope to find another way to pare down the code.
Perhaps some of the stuff in the display function could be compacted a
bit?  Those >> and << labels always seemed superfluous to me, for
instance.  I know, it's just one little thing, but it's something.

-David