Bob wrote:

"Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the mini2440 can now play audio. The
first track played was Dancing Queen - ABBA.

Thanks to everyone for their help and for producing such a great application.

Cheers!"

NOTES:
1 - You can read more about this hardware/port at Lyre project page:
http://lyre.sourceforge.net/?q=content/mini2440-porting and also more
on Rockbox page: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/Mini2440Port

2 - The main people under the work for this port are Bob and Domonoky;

3 - The initial idea of Bob was to make a home/car device to play
music. Bob wants to add a HDD to increase storage but it's not done
yet, if anyone wants to join the efforts, please just stop at Lyre
project page to help/give ideas/test: http://lyre.sourceforge.net/

4 - We are planing for more Open Hardware custom hardwares for making
our desired devices, like this one:
http://code.google.com/p/opendous/source/browse/trunk/Current_Designs/LPC313x-DIP-Board/LPC313x_Audio_Player