On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Paul Louden <paulthen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently within the WPS context menu some submenus (for example, sound
> settings) can be entered and exited without leaving to the WPS. Meanwhile
> others (like Playlist) cannot. Attempting to leave them by pressing "left"
> will take you to the WPS again rather than back to the root menu. JdGordon
> says this was intentional at some point.
>
> Can anyone explain the rational behind why we should have menus that work
> normally going "right" but inexplicably don't when going "left" or is this
> something we can fix going forward rather than preserving it as a bad
> behaviour?

That "left-leaves-the menu-no-matter-how-deep-you-are" behaviour is something
that has annoyed me in rockbox for a long time (not enough for me to
try to fix it
of course ;)) and i would like some kind of decision as it's also inconsistent.

I would prefer if left goes "up one level" so it brings you back to
the previous menu,
or exits if you are in the top level menu.