Hi,

One thing I'd like to change about Rockbox is to enable auto
bookmarking on USB insertion. This is to mitigate the problems
with resuming playlists that get confused when files get removed (for
example podcasts being deleted on sync as they have been played, see
FS#1064).

I experimented with adding the autobookmark function to the USB
insertion code in the wps display but I wasn't able to trigger this
properly from within the simulator. The best I could manage was
triggering the creation of the bookmark on the second "U" keypress, as
far as the display was concerned the USB being unplugged.

Digging into the code there seems to be a difference in the way the
simulator simulates USB insertion and what would happen on the real
event. Whereas the real USB insertion sends a message to all event
queues and awaits acknowledgement from each thread the simulator just
sends the event to a single button_queue.

So my questions:

* Should the simulator code attempt to replicate the real HW call sequence?

  This could be by sending a message to all threads or send a message
  to the USB thread (if it exists in simulator) to then send message
  on.

* Does the event queue/wake up semantics of Rockbox OS behave the same
  way on the simulator platform?

Cheers,

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/