I spent the past week addressing usability concerns and getting the UI into the shape I wanted it. It took me longer than expected, but I'm now happy with the way the editor handles creating and exporting projects, downloading fonts, and managing the target database. At this point, I consider it a very usable IDE with instant preview for Rockbox themes. This was my original minimum goal for a successful project.

This week I'm going to spend a little time packaging the code I have so far into a tarball and a deb package (and probably setting up a PPA for Ubuntu users), and then I'll be moving on to graphical editing. My first task is going to be auto-complete, and then I'll move on to graphical resizing/deletion/insertion of images and viewports.

-Robert Bieber