I spent last week fixing bugs in my rendering code, and implemented the auto-complete menu that pops up when a user types a % symbol in the code editor. Right now the menu just presents the tags and their descriptions, although at a later time I would like to add some argument hinting as well. I'd appreciate anyone with the inclination to do so playing around with the current auto-complete functionality and letting me know what they think of it, if/how they think it should be different, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised to find some bugs in edge cases in there, as I'm intercepting key presses from the CodeEditor widget, and that could mess things up pretty bad if I've missed a mistake...

So far this week I've fixed a bug and a minor UI issue, and tonight I plan to start experimenting with drag/drop editing. I was in a car accident Saturday that's been consuming a lot of my time lately, but I should still be able to get a good amount of work done on graphical editing this week. By the end of the week I should at least have some good solid support for graphical resizing/movement/creation of viewports and images (and similar things like album art and progress bars), which are the obvious candidates for drag/drop. After that, I'd really like to hear opinions on just what sort of interfaces I should implement for graphically editing the other elements of wps documents. Obviously, much of the document will be text-based, so I need to figure out what kind of a GUI interface it would make sense to wrap around things like ID3-info tags and conditionals. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of experimenting in the coming weeks.

-Robert Bieber