On 8/11/2010 12:43 PM, David Hall wrote:

I just wanted to chime in (and this part of the thread is as good as
any) that I have no strong opinions either way on an "undo" option,
but wanted to simply provoke this discussion. Glad to see it taking
place.  (and my ISP is still f'd up)
I personally don't care whether it has an undo, but I did just want to clarify the distinction between this and other features. If you over-seek, you can re-wind back. With this, you have to stop, wait, then do it.

An option might be to just have a way to quickly reset it, such as allowing pause/unpause to "release" it so that you can start fresh. It'd be another "secret command" but not one hard to do, and not one likely to be done accidentally and thus mess up someone trying to use it.