On 12 October 2010 11:08, Jonathan Gordon <jdgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just trying to gauge opinion.. How do people feel about replacing the
> quickscreen action with the hotkey one? (with quickscreen being the
> default).
> I personally think the quickscreen is totally useless (especially in
> its current form) and it is mapped to long-menu on the ipod. hotkey
> (which has limited use, but much more valuable) is menu+left or
> something ridiculous, basically making it impossible to use.
>
> My suggestion is then, on targets where hotkey cant be put on its own
> one button combo (short or long press of a single button) hotkey is
> used instead of quickscreen. Where there is enough buttons for both
> leave it as is.
>
> Jonathan

Apparently this is open to misinterpretation... What I should have
spelt out more clearly is that the default hotkey operation after this
change would be to open the quickscreen. Anyone who doesnt use the
hotkey feature wouldnt even know this change happened.

There is a slight downside though that you couldnt have the
quickscreen and hotkey functions, although on targets where the hotkey
is on a useless combo anyway this is no big deal, and it could be
easily fixed by swapping the combos around (so by default hotkey and
quickscreen would both open the quickscreen).