On 26.10.2010 01:33, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
The plan has changed to be one settings file per theme so themers don't
have to work together (not that that is a bad thing).

I fail to see how that's different from changing the theme directly. If
that's the plan, then it adds nothing.

For the same reason tagcache.navi (among others) isnt modified
directly, it would get overwritten on updates.

So the settings file would be a separate download (How does that work with the theme site?)? Or would the user need to create it on his own? You said "one settings file per theme" which sounded a lot like it would be included in the theme.zip to me.

BTW, you said the other purpose is translating. I cannot imagine that working out well if there's one settings file (=one language file) per theme.

Best regards.