On 07.06.2011 18:31, Thomas Martitz wrote:
But I also sent this mail to make it clear that the names are not fixed
by now. I think the core_ prefix is less than ideal but I couldn't up
with something better yet (mm_ perhaps?).

I assume buf_ (or something with "buf" inside) can't be used? Since then you'd surely consider it.

Is there some convention regarding the return values of the alloc functions? I.e. what value is returned if the allocation failed? A negative value?

There is a typo in the first comment: it should read "these", not "this". Also, many comments start with an imperative ("Allocate....") and end in the 3rd person ("Returns ....").

Just my questions / notions from a short look.