On 25/09/11 23:50, Michael Sevakis wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Giacomelli
To: rockbox-dev@cool.haxx.se
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:58 PM
Subject: RE: The next release version

Would prefer to stay at 3.x until we're ready to release the app on
the android market.
Mike

Things seem awfully shaken up right now, with some major overhauls to
the playback system, buflib, RaaA (which is pretty rough around the
edges), etc. I vote to delay for bugfixes' sake. I need time myself and
haven't had much lately with being Bob Villa and Jack Hanna at the same
time. I might need Al Gore to fight for me to stop time erosion and if
that won't work, scream alot until the schedule has been cleared (which
might just work).

If "release early and release often" takes precedence, then who am I to
pretend impose?

Mike

I wasn't actually talking about delaying the release at all, just whether it should be called 3.10 or 4.0. If you feel it should be delayed (and it won't be for RaaA don't forget), then that's a different discussion :)

Alex