On 28 September 2011 10:15, Jonathan Gordon <jdgo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm saying this publicly because I don't want anyone to think I'd
> simply lost interest in the project or found another itch elsewhere. I
> very much have stuff I want to keep working on and am leaving because
> of (mostly) 2 individuals. I'll continue working on rockbox on my git
> repo, and of course you're free to cherry-pick the changes you want,
> but I wont be pushing changes back anymore (not regularly anyway).

If you are going to continue working on Rockbox on a personal repository,
why do you have to leave? Your contribution to this project has been huge
all these years, why deny future features from the userbase for just 2
controversial people.
It is certainly frustrating to have to develop under the pressure of such
thankless and sometimes aggressive behaviour, but we are talking about a
very small (albeit vocal) minority. In the end, it mostly sounds like you
want to avoid further controversy and not that you just lost interest to the
project, which for me seems rather unfortunate.

I for one, would be very disappointed to see you leave Rockbox after all
these years of contribution and hard work. I urge you to reconsider, not
only for you but for the better of Rockbox and its userbase.