Am 04.12.2011 17:25, schrieb Boris Gjenero:

File functions have the same system, via firmware/include/file.h. However, the defines for directory functions simply define names, and defines for the file functions use function-like macros such as:
#   define creat(x,m) sim_creat(x,m)
In this case, in a sim, a call to creat() will call sim_creat(), but creat means the address of the system creat() function. So, PREFIX() is required on file functions, and r28927 was needed to fix a problem. However, I wonder if it would be better to remove the parameters from the defines, allowing things to work without PREFIX().

I hope this helps explain r31089 changes.

Yep. Thanks. Seems I was unnecessarily worried. Yea the whole #defines there are an absolute hell. I think it would be work better if function pointers would be used.

Best regards.