Hi,

I completely agree on this. Furthermore me and lebellium were really
wondering about such a feature for a long time. Let's take another good
example: Samsung YP-R1 (being ported by me). Touchscreen. Nice Android-like
power button. Result: not really cool for the moment. To be honest, also R0
has a "dedicated" (but still normal) keylock button: would be cool also
here to have it also because otherwise it's a useless button.
In R1 I decided to simply turn off touchscreen device when backlight goes
off but these two behaviours *should* stay unrelated in my opinion,
otherwise rockbox code becomes a mess, editing a part, breaks another. And
surely we don't want that to happen.

Surely at least two considerations have to be taken into account:

1) New behaviour of the key during plugin execution. In my opinion keylock
feature here shall be completely disabled, it's up to the plugin to decide
in case.

2) Eventual problems in current keymappings (no need to say it's a mess in
some cases)

3) Signalling keylock / unlock to current view. May it be useful? Maybe
yes, maybe not. I don't know :)

To recap, I agree in coding a (fully customizable) Android-like behaviour.
To exaggerate also aiming in the future to a screen lock? :D A way useles
but cool lol

What do you think guys? Is it too aggressive? I think not. Rockbox has to
evolve to new technologies and new ways to interact :)
Unfortunately many users look more at details than actual great music
engine, so it's kinda a feature more than an optional.

Lorenzo