On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 06:59:25PM +0100, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> >What I've seen so far in this thread is several idea *titles*, but
> >nothing with actual detail, and not many candidate mentors.
>
> Probably nobody has bothered due to the lack of supportive replies
> to the proposals.

Maybe. My memory is however that during previous years similar things
happened. Idea summaries appear, but when I or someone else asked to
flesh them out a bit so they were suitable for the ideas page, this very
rarely happened. It's true that this year I haven't actively replied to
this thread, but I am unconvinced that such replies would have made a
real difference.

> Is it too late to create a wiki page for project proposals already?
> Could we also finish the wiki page (shortly) after submitting the
> application?

In previous years, the Google people have started reviewing applications
(including ideas pages) immediately after the application deadline, so
if you complete the page within an hour after that you *may* be fine, but
don't count on more.

The application itself also has to be filled in of course, and that's
more than just a few words. See http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/GSoCOrgApp2011
for the draft of the last one we submitted. I haven't looked at this
year's form, but I don't think the questions and detail required will be
very different.

If you (or someone else) think we can still complete a reasonable
application in time, I personally think you should go for it.

Frank