Hi all!

I'd like to introduce you xrick - a clone of the game Rick Dangerous, which
has now been officially ported to Rockbox.
You can find more info about it on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dangerous

and on the original xrick author's website:
http://www.bigorno.net/xrick/

This port is based on my own "fork" of xrick, which has undergone
substantial changes to accommodate the needs of non-desktop environments,
plus several bugfixes.

You can see a video of it running here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpxQzKP5ss

Sources and iPod/iRiver binaries can be downloaded from:
https://github.com/pierluigi-vicinanza/xrick/releases/tag/2.0.0-Rockbox

Please find below some notes/questions:

= About code review/integration into main Rockbox tree =

How best to proceed from here? Should I open a new bug/feature in Flyspray?
Should I just push a new commit to gerrit following the steps mentioned in "
www.rockbox.org/wiki/UsingGit"?
What's the preferred way to integrate my code into git repo? I am no git
expert, but I was thinking about doing a subtree merge into
"${ROCKBOX_DIR}/apps/plugins/xrick" folder... or maybe a adding a
submodule... What do you guys suggest?
Ideally I'd like to keep all commit history and allow any future fixes
eventually done on my repo to be easily merged back into Rockbox.

---------------
= Legal stuff =

All hardcoded data (graphics, text, etc) has been removed from source files
-data is now loaded from external resource files- to (hopefully) avoid any
legal troubles in integrating xrick sources.
I've spoken to the original author of xrick and He's planning to tweak the
README to reflect all this.
In the meanwhile, any feedback/suggestion to ease this integration is
highly appreciated.

------------------
= Current status =

The port has been tested on iRiver H320 and iPod Video, on these targets
it's fully working and complete.
I've added support for grayscale targets and been able to successfully
compile and run the game on iRiver H120 Simulator.
All other targets are untested. It would be nice if someone could test and
report which targets are capable to run current code.

Last but not least, a big thank you to all Rockbox developers for providing
such an awesome firmware.

Pierluigi Vicinanza