http://www.kms.ee/articles/Romania_commits_2.5m_to_forestry_projects?337

Romania commits €2.5m to forestry projects

28.05.2009

The Romanian government has allocated €2.5 million (£2.2 million) for creating
protective forestry in the south of the country, it has been revealed.

Speaking to Financiarul.ro, Nicolae Nemirschi, minister of the environment,
explained that the move was aimed at combating desertification in the region.

"The desertification problem is a real one in the southern region of this
country. I have seen it is real and I have asked for information from experts
immediately," he said.

This was how he discovered that farm output would fall by 60 per cent over the
next 20 years in the region if action was not taken, the minister explained.

According to Mr Nemirschi, the new funding will be used to plant 10,000
hectares of forestry land in the south of Romania.

Recently, it was revealed that the EU funded Models for Adaptive Forest
Management project is to look at the impact of climate change on the forestry
industry.

Vali
"Noble blood is an accident of fortune; noble actions are the chief mark of
greatness."
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Aboneaza-te la  <mailto:ngo_list-subscr...@yahoogroups.com> ngo_list: o
alternativa moderata (un pic) la [ngolist]
Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

Raspunde prin e-mail lui