mailto:mobilizare-boun...@rosiamontana.ro] On Behalf Of
> [...]
> days ago and that is also connected to the advertising
> campaign that RMGC is coordinating.
>
> Its official - Gabriel's TV ad misinforms, manipulates and
> peddles untruths Romania's Audiovisual Council halts the
> screening of Gabriel's "Rosia Montana - 4 billion dollars" TV ad
>
> Rosia Montana/ Romania; 25 June 2009  - Romania's Audiovisual
> Council decided earlier this week to halt the screening of
> Gabriel's TV ad entitled "Rosia Montana - 4 billion dollars."
> According to Romania's Audiovisual Council, Gabriel's ad
> contravenes article 107 of government decision 187/2006 by
> which TV ads need to correctly inform the public. The
> decision comes at a time when public distrust and reaction
> against Gabriel's TV ad has been mounting.
>

> In May 2009 Gabriel Resources ('Gabriel'), the inexperienced
> miner that wishes to exploit Rosia Montana for gold/silver
> and uproot the locals and much else that stand in the way,
> launched a TV ad (1) that asked citizens where Romania should
> generally invest 4 billion dollars. Better education, health
> etc. were the answers given to the camera. The clip ends with
> a bold claim that Gabriel will invest 4 billion dollars into
> Romania without saying how, by what means or what Gabriel's
> activity is. The ad campaign provoked vehement reaction with
> several civil society groups creating spoof ads (2), viral
> spots (3), blogs (4) and posters (5) in response. In June
> 2009 Gheorghe Funar a former Senator from Cluj submitted an
> official request to Romania&#146;s Audiovisual Council
> ('Council') asking it to halt the screening of Gabriel's TV
> ad. The Council's decision was taken in consultation with
> Romania's National Council for Publicity.
>
> According to Ioan Onisei, the Council's vice-president quoted
> by HotNews
> (6) the ad "misinforms, manipulates and peddles untruths" and
> what is claimed in the ad "has no relevance with the true
> mechanisms of money distribution into the economy."
>
> "RMGC started this campaign by assuming that their project
> will go ahead just like that and as if the law and people
> don't count. They thought that the only thing that matters is
> nice 'packaging' and 'communication'.
> Luckily people in Romania are highly aware about such
> manipulation tactics and Gabriel's ad is something that has
> come to be known as badvertising,"
> comments Luminita Dejeu, graphic designer and member of the
> Save Rosia Montana campaign.
>
> "Gabriel's claims in the ad are as false as its claims about
> the mine project. I think that more people than ever have
> understood this now thanks to the ad. I was really amazed
> about the creative reaction that Gabriel's ad provoked and
> just love watching the spoof ads and spots over and over
> again. I hope Gabriel's next round of ads will provoke as
> entertaining a reaction!" concludes Eugen David, president of
> Alburnus Maior.
>
> For more information contact Stephanie Roth via email at

-afara-de-la-TV-cu-investitiile-RMCG-de-4-Miliarde-de-> dolari-3119.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vIw5BEAyo and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKi99wJXqSw  and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUj8PKVZ6o  and
>  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikb3QLPIiOs>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikb3QLPIiOs
> 4.  <http://ro.wordpress.com/tag/rosia-montana/>
http://ro.wordpress.com/tag/rosia-montana/
> 5.  <http://www.mindbomb.ro/> http://www.mindbomb.ro/
> 6.
>  <http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-media_publicitate-5853738-cna>
http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-media_publicitate-5853738-cna
-opreste-difuzare-spoturile-rosia-montana-4-miliarde-dolari.htm

> www.rosiamontana.org

Vali
"Noble blood is an accident of fortune; noble actions are the chief mark of
greatness."
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know
peace."
Aboneaza-te la  <mailto:ngo_list-subscr...@yahoogroups.com> ngo_list: o
alternativa moderata (un pic) la [ngolist]
Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

Raspunde prin e-mail lui