davew: I'm inclined to agree with you about the source of the crashes.
I've checked in some code that will force local style addresses to get
converted to Internet email style addresses for the purpose of the Sieve
GETENVELOPE call.  For example, "Friko Mumjiboolean" would get converted
to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" -- and that style of addressing
actually *is* accepted by Citadel.

 It *should* fix the crash, although it won't actually deliver a vacation
message for local-to-local mail because libSieve wants to see a match
between the envelope recipient and a recipient listed in To/Cc/Bcc.  I
would actually like to find a way to override that behavior anyway,
because it's causing me other problems.