>Mon Nov 03 2008 10:04:33 EST from IGnatius T [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [patch] inline images POC
>

>> >Yeah... fair enough.(libtidy is NOT needed,  just haven't taken it out)
>>

>Thanks for understanding ... definitely don't take it personally, we'd love
>to have some of your code committed to the tree in the future.
>
>As for libtidy ... can it be used without an xml parser?

Yes. It takes in html(ish) and outputs xml, but we'd use an xml parser to
parse the output (expat could do it).

>> >I suppose you've considered switching from expat to libxml in order to
>>get
>> >the benefit of an html parser?
>>

>This is something I'd be willing to entertain.  However, you would be
>responsible for converting existing code from the expat API to the libxml
>API.  serv_rssclient and serv_xmpp both use expat.  Their use of XML parsing
>is very simple, and the conversion would probably only take a couple of
>days.
>
>I can tell you in advance that if you're willing to do this, it will be
>accepted (as long as it's working and well-tested, of course).

I'm notionally willing to do this - I'll take a look; I have to satisfy
myself that this would be best for webcit :-)

>We tend to frown upon the proliferation of external dependencies, but
>replacing
>one with another shouldn't be a big problem, especially
>considering that most systems already have libxml installed anyway.

 Cool. Thanks for being nice about it. I think tidy is heavier that libxml's
html parser; but I'll look and make a reasoned suggestion either for
tidy+expat or libxml+libxslt

Sam