>Sa Jan 31 2009 06:35:48  EST von IGnatius T foo...@uncnsrd
>Betreff: Re: Citadel commit log: revision 7045
>
>I think that fixes OpenID.  There was a problem with the conversion to
>strbuf in that code.
>
> I do like the StrBuf class, but we seem to incur a lot of bugs during
>conversion.  That being the case, I would like to decide right now that we
>should *not* start converting anything in citserver to use StrBuf, because
>it's likely to introduce bugs that could corrupt data.  We can use StrBuf for
>*new* modules in citserver, but let's keep existing code as it is.
>
> We are probably at a point now where we can start testing the new code on
>Uncensored.  I'll get to that in a day or two, at a time when I can keep a
>close eye on it.

Yes, its indeed like that. Theres a reason why I didn't start using it in
citserver so far.  (next to being busy with messing up webcit ;-) Webcit is
stateless, and will come back after a crash with less usability impact than
citserver. If it has remaining errors, finding them in webcit is the better
place. I think the primary place to start using strbuf could be situations
where dynacmic buffer lengths ( & reallocating) have to be handled. I also
think theres another good reason not to start reworking everything; at least
for short usages strbuf replaces one malloc by two; and as we all know libc
locks on malloc, which is bad for multithreadded applications.

My future plans target on webcit & templating, which actualy mostly is
another layer on strbuf... Short term targets are the rooms logic and the
sieve editor; longer term are tasks, vcards and calendaring  plus DAV
access  to files.

Though having lost several hundret lines by replacing the rumpelstilskin
handler lookup by the hashlist handler lookup session_loop is still to
monolitic for my taste and another place for change. Maybe wcsession could
use some more modularity; plus I'd like to work on static output not being
session dependant, so they can be handled in paralel.