Oh wait ... I'm reading RFC 5464 a little more closely now ... and it
seems that they've actually *removed* the stupid part with which we were
headed towards incompatibility.  Up until Draft 12 it contained a *really*
*ugly* "LIST-EXTENDED" command that augmented the LIST and LSUB commands
to include metadata.  They actually removed it.  Cyrus Daboo doesn't
normally roll that way -- he tends to *like* gratuitous complexity (yeah,
he was one of the people responsible for CalDAV).

 Now I've got to read through the RFC in its final form and figure out how
well our implementation meshes with the actual standard.  We might
actually be implementing it in a "compatibly incomplete" way.  We don't
store arbitrary metadata, but if the client tries to store a setting that
is not implemented in our data model then we simply tell it that we don't
have any space left.