>  Mon Nov 02 2009 11:54:17 AM EST from   IGnatius T Foobar @ Uncensored
>Subject: Re: Citadel commit log: revision 7989
>

>My test server now spits out "Server strangled due to machine load  average
>too high" once per second.

Hmm, so the load average (as per uptime) divided by the number of processors
is 1.00 or higher. Is that right for your test machine?

I was wondering about that.

The idea is to prevent citserver from overloading the machine and bringing it
to its knees.

What is the output from uptime and how many processors/cores does it have?

/* Only start new threads if we are not going to overload the machine */
 if (CtdlThreadGetLoadAvg() < ((double)1.00)) {

This line in threads.c (arround 1363) controls that, probably that figure
should be higher or perhaps the method of getting the load average is bad on
that box. I used 1.0 because my machine becomes almost unuseable after 1.0.