Sa Mär 27 2010 13:45:43 EDT von IGnatius T Foobar @ Uncensored Betreff: Re: cmd_chat
I don't see much sense debugging it in the state its currently in.

So let me get this straight ... the chat code that has been working fine for 12 years, needs to be rewritten because it doesn't work nicely anymore after you changed the transport underneath it?

This is my problem why?

the bug of not spawning more workerthreads (which we had since at least 7.3x) in conjunction with 6 people chatting probably locking up the system?

this imho shows the useage pattern of this: people seeing the 'chat' button, clicking it, oh, nobody else there, closing it again.

yes, now its got the chance to loop endless and lock one thread infinite, not much better.

i'd sugest for the time being, (so the next week or two) remove

<li id="ib_chat" class="ib_button">
<a class="ib_button_link" href="" id="ib_chat_launch"><span>

from uncensoreds static/t/iconbar.html

until I get that fixed.

So... if we want to push this feature a little more in the future, we should anounce it a little more, like adding a way to 'invite' people in your current room to start chatting?