Interesting observations.  It's definitely a work in progress but I'll make
a note of those observations as we tune it.  Admittedly I'm not all that great
a UI designer, so every little bit of feedback helps.

 I do like having the icons but I think it's beginning to become a problem
that we use the same icons over and over again.  Fortunately, the quantity,
quality, and variety of freely available icons is much better now than it
was half a decade ago, so if we added some more we wouldn't have to spend
money on this a second time.

 Thankfully, we are at a point now where the code is stable enough that I
can deploy the "good" builds to Uncensored so everyone can see the development
progress.