> Please don't!  We have some functions in our automation framework that

 >do a similar check to allow our scripts to access external files in
 >place of a DUT command and it's ended up causing issues when some of
 >the commands contain a "/" character.

 Despite the fact that I don't understand what you just said, I have to point
out that the reason I did that ended up becoming somewhat irrelevant anyway.
 I was hoping to allow Citadel to connect to ClamAV via a unix domain socket,
but it turns out the protocol sucks and needs a second channel on the network
anyway, so that won't work out.  Blah.