>After a very short comparison of usability, I propose we give
 >ckeditor.com a try (again?). dothebart mentioned we might have used
 >that one before. This is a short list of "reasons" why I prefer
 >ckeditor:

 If it seems better, then I have no particular attachment to TinyMCE and would
be willing to try CKeditor instead.

 I do have one requirement coming up soon: in the not too distant future I
would like to add the ability to embed images into messages directly.
Presumably
this would take the form of first uploading them as attachments, and then
the editor would need to know about them so it could offer them to the user.
 The editor will probably need to know their CID's.

 I'm not asking you to implement this (unless you're feeling ambitious) but
merely to ensure that the possibility to implement it exists.