Actually, I'm in the process of ripping out the *new* way too.  The buttons
for Reply, ReplyQuoted, and Forward need to carry a whole lot of information
(subject, references, recipients) out to the browser and then back in through
a URL submission, and because those buttons are passed through the
GetLoggedInFirst()
framework, their URL's need to be double-escaped.  As a result, there are
a number of special characters which can break the whole thing if they appear
anywhere.

 Instead of trying to tweak this fragile and ugly situation, I am rewriting
it to have the browser simply tell WebCit the number of the message being
replied to (or forwarded), and WebCit can fetch all of that information on
its own.  We already do this for the quoted/forwarded message text, so it
should be fairly straightforward to get all the other info too.

 (I said "straightforward" rather than "easy" because the tricky part will
be to do it without fetching the message three or four times.)