Hi devs,

I attached a systemd service file. If you think that file is OK, then add it to the source tarball, please.

There is a small problem with systemd: As far as I know it's not possible to print a message to stdout/stderr while starting a service. A user who is starting an unconfigured citserver will not be notified that something went wrong.

----------------
# systemctl start citadel.service
# echo $?
0
# systemctl status citadel.service
Active: failed ...
Main PID: 5616 (code=exited, status=101) ...

# tail -7 /var/log/maillog
citserver[5617]: *** Citadel server engine v8.01 (build (unknown)) ***
citserver[5617]: Copyright ...
citserver[5617]: This programm ...
citserver[5617]:
citserver[5617]: Called as: /usr/sbin/citserver
citserver[5617]: libcitadel(unnumbered)
citserver[5617]: Loading citadel.config

# citserver -d -lmail -x3 -h
# echo $?
0
# tail -1 /var/log/mail
citserver[5631]: Loading citadel.config

citserver should not quit with a return code of 0, because that would suggest that it started properly.

citserver should log that it could not open citadel.config, and may log a hint to run 'citadel-setup'.

Best regards
Stefan