This is a good question, and as citadel is used by probably as many in a
corporate / more official environment as to home bbs style use, it would be
good if whatever options we have can be overridden by the aide initially to
keep with security models or best practice for "untrusted" users.

>So here's the bit about the vCard. We could ask each user whether they want
>to be published in the GAB, or we could make it an admin setting, and/or we
>could let the user put whatever they want in the vCard. One option would be
>to simply use the existing "unlisted" flag to determine whether to push the
>vCard into the GAB whenever it is updated or changed. What do you think?

Perhaps this would be best set as,
 * Choose whether ANY users can update their own vcards
 * If that is chosen, choose at what level that privilege is gained
 * Use the unlisted flag  to decide whether someone shows up in the GAB with
the default being able to be chosen by the Aide (default all in, or all out)

 * Allow for customization of how to display entries in the GAB (As in First
Name Last Name etc or LAst,First ) Some situations like to default to Last
Name first, but it does not work in all situations (does not need to be user
settable though, it could be set within ctdlsh or the like. I can envision it
even being where all the fields are numbered, and you can choose in comma
separated list what to display... I can give more details if you like the
idea.)

  Also, it would be good if there was a way to be able to import vcards to
your personal contacts, or migrate contacts from the GAB to your personal
list (so those of us with hundreds on our list do not need to find each
person every time)

  I think that is a good start, let me know if you need more clarity on a
matter. Thank you again for all your work!