>I don't have it up here in front of me, but there is the section that if
one
 >is empty, the other is populated. That may have dredged up things we never

 >knew existed.

 Right.  I believe I have fixed that.

 Somewhere along the line, another developer made struct CtdlMessage a bit
more opaque, and added methods to set/clear/read fields and keep track of
the length of each field.  In the RSS parser I was manipulating those fields
directly with functions like striplt() which messed up the buffer sizes, among
other things.

 While adding proper RFC2047 encoding, I fixed that problem too.  So it's
worth testing again.  You just can't put the fix into production yet because
the build is broken in other places while I finish the new inbox rules system.