Choose CMake, choose SCons, rewrite rbuild, ... whatever, just choose a system and try to migrate our existing build files to it. Then we will
Exactly. And after you feel neither CMake nor SCons is an ideal solution for ReactOS, one usually gets back to rbuild ;)

see whether the new system works for us or not.
If we just discuss this theoretically again, nobody will see the need to take the initiative and actually get to results. From my experience of using CMake for ReactOS I got negative opinion. SCons
also didn't seem very useful for us. But I do encourage someone else to try too, maybe the tools improved over time already, and provide better possibilities now.

Or in other words: I'm open for any solution as long as someone tries it and the build process gets "better" afterwards (in terms of speed, structure, etc.)