> Ros Arm wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After the switch in 48124 to PE FreeLDR, I am unable to boot FreeLDR any
> > longer.
> >
> > I have tried official, as well as various unofficial freeldr.sys, none
> > worked.
> >
> > 47892 version works fine, 48124 does not.
> >
> > On a 512MB IDE disk, I got the "_" VGA cursor scrolling endlessly/randomly
> > on the screen, before even seeing "Loading FreeLDR..."
> >
> > With a 1GB SCSI disk, tested also with a 6GB IDE disk, it remains stuck at
> >
> Did you do a "make install" or did you install from bootcd?

I used to use an older bootcd, and then copy freeldr, which has always worked
for me.

> Did you reformat / repartition the disk?

I did, using the older bootcd.

> Did you install the VBR?

This was not an option.

Based on this, I thought, maybe a new bootcd is needed. I was unable to build
one previously due to the fact my build system seemed unsupported, but I have
fixed the issues.

I built a bootcd with the old FreeLDR, got the new option for MBR+VBR, etc,
everything works fine.

I then did an svn up to get the new FreeLDR and SetupLDR, did a full "clean" +
"make clean", and build a new bootcd.

Now the VM freezes after "Press any key to boot from CD..." when I press a key.

So it looks like something is really broken in the new "PE" FreeLDR/SetupLDR.

-r