The issue I see with that is that it will clog up debug logs, when attempting to solve certain problems.

Since the hacks only really need to be sorted out (and can only be sorted out) during compile time, I am not sure there's much point polluting the debug log with all that.
Simple #pragma message things are fine IMO.