Hi,

Considering that:

- The code to throw out INIT sections isn't in trunk, so _nothing happens_ when
a function is made INIT or not.
- There were already many INIT functions in NTOSKRNL and the kernel worked fine
- 49463 only added INIT_FUNCTION to the HAL
- A later revision by Timo added INIT_FUNCTION to win32k, and that worked fine
as well

Don't you think it's a bit, pardon my language, braindead, to revert
INIT_FUNCTION in NTOSKRNL, as your patch did? Wouldn't it make more sense to
simply revert INIT_FUNCTION *just* in the HAL, which is what 49463 added? Why
remove it from NTOSKRNL, where it always worked? Why _not_ remove it from
Win32k, if you think INIT_FUNCTION is what's wrong? Your "fix" makes absolutely
no logical sense from _any_ point of view (as usual).

On a more serious note, don't you think it's strange that merely placing code
in a section (which right now isn't dropped, or messed with, in any way), would
cause problems in the OS? Isn't it immediately obvious to you that this is a
red herring or that the compiler is broken? Especially since the revision only
causes problems for _some_ people? For example, it works for me, and I even
have a local change that _throw out_ init code.

Please learn some basic rational logic methodologies, the scientific method,
and software engineering processes.

-r