This isn't legal.
You can't take a single user licence and opening it up to the public.

Ged.

-----Original Message-----
From: ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] On
Behalf Of Colin Finck
Sent: 14 January 2011 15:46
To: ReactOS Development List
Subject: [ros-dev] Getting a Windows Server 2003 license for the project?

Hi everybody,

I've been thinking about getting a license of an English Windows Server
2003 Standard 32-Bit for the project.

It could be installed on one of our servers and be made available over
RDP. This would enable project members to do development and testing
work on our actual target platform. Considering that some developers
even use a non-Windows platform for development work, it might simplify
their work as well.

We may as well use the license for other purposes (Buildslave,
Testslave, whatever), but at least native building could be done by any
Windows version. And in this case, I might be able to donate an XP Pro
license myself (German though).

As I don't know about the needs of the other members, I'd like to hear
your opinion about my idea. It would also be nice to hear if anybody
knows a cheap (but legal!) way to get such a license or can even donate
one (e.g. unused OEM license shipped with a server, unused license after
getting Server 2008, etc.)
English Windows licenses are rare/expensive on German eBay, so this
would only be a last resort :-)

Cheers,

Colin

P.S.: If you have the opposite problem and actually need a Linux VM
available over SSH/RDP (e.g. for testing build system changes), just let
me know and I could set it up.