Now to the actual proposed procedures, which I can't find being anywhere near correct, and I explain why: Patches should be applied as soon as possible, there is no need to wait for a feature freeze announcement (points 1 and 2 in the Timo's list). Then, if a patch adds some feature, it contradicts with the point 1 of the list. Point 4 is also contradictive, high-priority bugs should also be fixed right away, without waiting for lower priority patches to be reviewed and regression solved in points 1-3. Point 5 - "usability testing" is fully valid, yes, our testers do a very good job at that.

WBR,
Aleksey.

On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Ged Murphy wrote:

I don't get it, Timo suggests some correct procedures to follow and it gets
dismissed?

-----Original Message-----
From: ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org [mailto:ros-dev- boun...@reactos.org] On
Behalf Of Aleksey Bragin
Sent: 15 February 2011 09:35
To: ReactOS Development List
Subject: Re: [ros-dev] Releasing

Yeah sure, this is quite important, however as I said, we just had a
"natural" feature freeze when only bugfixes were committed to trunk
for about 2 or 3 weeks, and all new features went to the branches
(with some exceptions, but still).
Also, patches were reviewed and committed and as for regressions,
previous release had even more, so there is a progress and positive
view of the newcoming release.
Usability test is also something which our testers do all the time
when preparing a release, this includes testing golden apps etc.
Victor could explain more on this topic, and I would really like
testers to manage this kind of stuff and do some minimal quality
assurance.

Profit! :)

WBR,
Aleksey.