The Security Control idea was intentionally broad because ROS is missing
quite a few things with respect to security.  It can be used as a basis for
"I want to work on OS security in ROS" but you will need to refine which
part of OS security in your proposal.  Ged seems to be pointing you in the
right direction though based on your stated interests.