Timo Kreuzer wrote:

> Am 30.09.2011 15:08, schrieb Ged Murphy:
> > Why are there still 2 build systems?
> If you were present at the last meeting, you should know the answer.

Very helpful. Thanks for the explanation Alex.

> > I'm sure you all don't want to hear me rant about best practice and how
this
> > should be fixed, but someone needs to step in and try to define some
sort of
> > base development platform.
> No, we don't want to hear you to rant.
> Ranting is something we can prefectly do ourselves, and it doesn't help
> fixing the problem, believe me, I've tried ;-)

Well maybe it would help to fix the problem if someone pointed out why this
is a bad idea instead of ranting about things like "you broke the cmake
build" or "well it works fine with rbuild on windows" or "someone broke the
linux build machine again"

> Instead you could have come up with a practical solution month ago. Or
> even better fix the issue.
> Hint: it's not like BEs fall from the sky and buildbot scripts are
> generating themselves.

I'll fix the issue quite simply. Until cmake is ready, it shouldn't be used
by anyone for development.
If it's still work in progress then it's not part of the official toolset
and should be treated as being broken.

You can't have half of the developers using one thing and the other half
using another.

Everyone working on reactos should be using the same build environment,
which is also the build environment that the build machine should be using.
Anyone who chooses to move away from this environment is more than welcome
to, but any issues this brings are for those people to solve along with the
help of the willing community.

Ged.