PS/2 was never design be hot pluged.
Alot of bios disable PS/2 I/O if no PS/2 device are plugin.
that mean u need to reboot you computer.

We play with the thung how to make PS/2 hot plug
1. We need write own chip driver for each chip.
2. No we need write a hw scanner that activate PS/2 within some time intervall
   and disable it if no device are found.

Now to problem with this method is

1. some hardware can be damnges the mainboard when u
    plugin the mouse or keyboard. it does not made if to high V or A are
    beign send in.

if u only use one PS/2 port it is automatic made the second PS/2  hot
plugin depns on the mainboard bios  or chip driver for the mainboard
in windows 3.x//NT 3.x/NT 4.x/95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7

The question is does anyone want to write sepreate chipset driver for
each mainboard only support hotplugin for PS/2 and add this feature.

In linux many of the opensource chipdriver does support this feature
but not all.

BestReagd
Magnus Olsen aka GreatLord
(I always read my mail if any one want ask me or known my skype name)