Also, knowing the consequences, did you bother to issue any message to our
community, to inform them about this?? Not every ReactOS user is subsribed to
ros-dev.

Ah wait... you ignored that as well. You will let others handle the problem as
usual.

I have 5 sets for testing, 2 real hardware and 3 vm. Each one with two
partitions, one for ros and other for all the installers and drivers.

So now, whenever i cross the border of this change, i will have to wipe all,
recreate the partitions and copy the stuff back? It will take no less than half
an hour for VM. On real hardware, just the copying can take up to 1 hour.

Do you value your time available to spend on ReactOS? Then perhaps you could
also think about others as well?

On Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:48 PM, "Eric Kohl" <eric.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
> cae...@myopera.com wrote:
> > Is the new geometry backward-compatible? If i recreate the partitions, will
> > they be visible when i regress test revisions before 54511?
> >

> This is a one-way road. If you want to test older revisions, you must
> delete and re-create partitions again.
>

> Regards
> Eric

With best regards