This is not true anymore (at least last 6 or more months). I have a local working copy which allows conditional building of either "trunk" or "arwinss" win32 subsystem DLLs and win32k.sys. Changes are, of course, not committed. But building arwinss ISO is as easy as typing "makex bootcd".

WBR,
Aleksey.