Great! Now our own bootloader (FreeLoader) must be adapted to boot-up PXE
images (instead of using PXELINUX).

Hermès

-----Message d'origine-----
De : ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] De la
part de Bernd Blaauw
Envoyé : jeudi 3 janvier 2013 19:01
À : ReactOS Development List
Objet : Re: [ros-dev] Monthly meeting December 2012 rescheduled

Op 3-1-2013 9:01, Pierre Schweitzer schreef:

> AFAIK, PXE has been already worked by Hervé Poussineau, at least, in
FreeLDR to try to provide such feature. But ReactOS was then unable to work
on PXE, producing a BSOD. The code path needed wasn't implemented in the
kernel.

> And unless I'm totally wrong, I improved some code close to the PXE
support in the kernel, but never check its implementation nor implemented it
if required.
> Was a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm9VIawx__Y  shows ReactOS installed inside
a ramdisk-loaded (by Syslinux) harddisk image.
The tricky bit is lack of documentation of how to do this (QEMU likely) and
it's unknown if it's native code or some memory-driver like WinVBlock was
added.

Relying on an optical drive connected to IDE controller as the sole method
for installing your OS is becoming a liability.

Bernd