Alex Ionescu <ion...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> I’ll be in Montreal on October 2^nd (Wednesday) giving a tech talk about
> ReactOS, for about 2 hours. I intend to go over everything from
> development to infrastructure (translation, testing, etc).

To give you some points that should outline our complex infrastructure:

* We're operating 3 servers in Sweden, 2 in Germany and 1 in Poland
One more for Sweden is being configured right now. If desired, I can
outline some hardware details.
* Services we use for ReactOS development:
    - Atlassian Crucible with FishEye & JIRA
    - BuildBot
    - cppcheck
    - Doxygen
    - Several VMs just for ROS Regression Testing (KVM, VirtualBox,
VMware ESXi, VMware Player)
    - Subversion & ViewVC
* On top of this, we're also operating an advanced Web & Mail
infrastructure with components such as:
    - Drupal
    - IServ
    - MediaWiki
    - Nginx
    - phpBB
* Some of our online services are developed in-house such as:
    - http://old.reactos.org/compat/ (still not moved to the new site..)
    - https://reactos.org/getbuilds
    - The whole regression testing system consisting of:
        * Wine tests
        * ROS API tests
        * AutoHotKey application tests
        * rosautotest for running all of them in a row, keeping a
journal and outputting a log
        * sysreg for controlling a VM, installing ROS on it and
capturing the serial debug log
        * https://reactos.org/testman for working through the log of
sysreg, adding testing information to our databases and easily browsing
through that information
* Don't forget to take a screenshot of http://build.reactos.org/waterfall :)

While we're talking about this, you should also tell your people about
the two non-profit organizations we have established in Russia and Germany.
The German one handles all donations and will be ready to provide
students with scholarships for working on ROS (by around the end of the
year). It also regularly consumes much time of 3 ReactOS members
(Matthias, Daniel and me, who are part of the Board :))

- Colin