> [-- Type: multipart/alternative, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 3.0K --]

> You can find ready-to-use builds of recent SVN revisions at:
> https://www.reactos.org/getbuilds

> If you don't see builds for the latest, use the arrows to go back until you
> find one that has files.

> You can NOT install ReactOS on a USB hard drive, though.

> If you do want to build from source regardless, you should look at RosBE,
> although I'm not sure if it works well in FreeBSD, since I build from
> Windows.

Thanks for response.

Linux and the BSDs are not so fussy about where they are installed on,
USB stick is OK.

But I remember DOS, Windows and OS/2 were fussy.

Do you use MinGW in Windows?

MinGW, subversion, ninja and GCC are all available in FreeBSD ports collection.

>From what I read, I think ReactOS might not get along with USB 3.0 and GPT,
hence the desire to use a USB stick.

FreeDOS also is difficult to install, many failed attempts on my computer
perhaps related to modern hardware.

FAT32 file system is not really good for making use of today's big hard drives.

But keeping up with NTFS is difficult because NTFS is a moving target (I
believe).

I really feel more at home now with Linux and FreeBSD than with DOS, Windows or
OS/2.

Tom